What I will write further is the true image of Mongolia.
Real examples will be written from my experience of more than 20 years of being associated with this country. To be honest, it is a “really inappropriate country” for the world of the 21st century. It is not always known even when traveling for a short time or going on a trip.
It is said to be a country with a great future if its vast land is fully utilized.
There are many things that are considered normal in Mongolia, but “in Japan it is an abnormal phenomenon”.
From this you will understand everything about Mongolia.
1. There is no postal delivery system. According to his own calculations, “Something has not been delivered under my name, has it?” and went to the Central Post Office
ask. There is no dedicated hanging post outside the house.
2. The National Health Insurance “provides a discount only for hospitalization.” Other examinations and medicines are 100% paid for by yourself. Private hospitals are not covered by insurance.
3. Unless a permanent resident, the insurance payment for a foreigner is twice as much as that of a Mongolian.
When calling an ambulance, a foreigner must pay 25 US dollars at a time. A Mongolian is a little less than 5000 MNT.
4. And it won’t come right away. “Can’t it be tomorrow because I’m busy?” said. Even if you go by taxi, you will wait for hours unless you give a tip or a bribe. If you show the exam that you failed in one hospital to another hospital, you will take the x-rays and images yourself.
5. Whether it is a newly built apartment or not, it is common for water to leak and the walls to leak. According to the law, it is prescribed to establish a control association and regulate them. Because there are many ignorant people behind people, there is no one who has the power to find the reason for it.
6. There is no concept of “Income and Expenditure/Protection of Consumer Rights”. Even if the store’s food items are spoiled, they are sold until they run out. For the system of buying from importers.
7. There are many signs for car repairs that say “Vietnam repair”.
Don’t trust Mongolians. Computers are also fixed in the eyes of the user. Like in Japan, it is impossible to order in Mongolia and get it back after a few days. The repairman said, “I fixed it so that there is damage here and there.” and will demand high fees.
8. Help from developed countries can be seen here and there.
Japan is the biggest contributor. Mongolians have historically disliked China, but both the people and the government borrow money from China at high interest rates. What if I can’t pay back? The government and the people said, “I wish it could happen today. Tomorrow is tomorrow’s wind. and leave it to the wind.
9. In Mongolia, there is no such thing as “compensation for divorce and child rearing”.
10. A child should grow up in one family. But in Mongolia, men say “Goodbye” after getting their girlfriends pregnant. is many. Well, it’s like the stallion of the steppe.
Even my stepdaughter, when she was pregnant, her husband left saying “Baya-baya”. So there are a lot of single mothers. In most cases, women without husbands are living a difficult life with their children.
11. A Mongolian friend of mine is living in Mongolia with her children after breaking up with a Japanese man. The grown-up child is unemployed, he is in poor health, and there are many problems in living with him. Mongolian and Chinese people say, “It is your duty to take care of your blood type.”
Of course, it will be taken care of. Both will suffer by being dragged along.
In Mongolia and China, there is an opinion that “parents, children, brothers and sisters should have the same livelihood and economy until they wake up and die.”
That’s why, when I don’t have enough money to buy a car or a house, I ask my relatives.
12. As a rule, you should use a card to get on the bus, but recently there have been more people who give the driver cash (500 toke). It is a separate income of the driver. The price of one ride in the city is 500 MNT.
13. Water, electricity, TV, and hot water “suddenly cut off” are common. The city’s hot water supply will be shut down for maintenance from mid-5 to 9 months. It will affect several thousand people. We heat water in the same pot as the people in the home district and put water in the plane to bathe.
14. There are no landlines in the administrative offices, and employees’ personal phones will be used.
15. Machinery is noisy. A society with more cars than people walking.
16. Full of stray dogs, thieves, garbage and urine.
17. Even in canteens, the usual food tasting is “Only salt”. And there are many people with high blood pressure.
18. Because there are not enough classrooms and teachers in the schools of the capital, there are cases where the students are divided into 4 groups in 3 shifts.
19. There are many pregnant mothers and children. “There are many children from poor families.” is the average life expectancy and there are fewer elderly people.
20. Due to high dryness, washed things will dry immediately. But between spring and summer, it will become dirt.
21. Winter city is a terrible smoke. When coming from Japan as a family, if you have children, it is better to postpone