He has clear black eyes and a gentle appearance, but also exudes a warrior’s character to achieve his goal. She is B. Zamilan, a young actress who played the role of Princess Egerel in the movie “Legend of Govi”, Giymel Queen in the movie “Sunshine”, and Oyu in the movie “Life’s Long Road”. A modest, shy and introverted girl who graduated from a music and dance college as a pianist, discovered herself more when she entered the film industry. On the other hand, his mother, a choreographer and dance teacher, also influenced him, and he grew up in an artistic environment from childhood. He also graduated from SUSU with a BA in stage and screen acting and a marketing degree from SUSU. Talked to him.
– I CRIED AFTER READING THE SCRIPT OF THE MOVIE “THE LONG WAY OF LIFE” FOR THE FIRST TIME-
– The movie “Life’s Long Road” made a lot of noise, and it was seen that there are a lot of comments on the Internet. For you, you played the role of Oyun’s youth. Spotted another Zamilan?
– Yes. I am happy that I had the lucky opportunity to be a part of the beautiful work “On the long road of life”. S. Battulga, the director of this film, trusted me that I would be suitable for the role of Oyu, the main character of the film. I tried not to lose his trust. I cried a lot when I first read the novel. Since it is based on real life, I thought that it is more alive and that’s how it really is. A lot of responsibility was demanded of me because I was taking my character, or Intellectual Psychology, to its final point. As for the role, of course, she has played the role of princess and queen before, so the role of an ordinary woman is new to the audience.
– How many children are you in the family? It is assumed that his mother, a dancer, influenced him to become an artist. Or did you enter the art path due to your own interest?
– Our family has three daughters. I am the eldest. Mother Mother, there is a person named D. Enkhgerel, choreographer and dance teacher. But my father, D. Bolor-Erdene, works as the director of the “Hun” theater, and my middle brother studies ballet, so we are an artistic family. From the beginning, I did not think that I would become a film actor. While studying music and dance, I thought I would become a composer. Later, he was going to study in Japan, but he didn’t go. Sometimes in life, things that were supposed to happen suddenly change. After doing so, he dared to take the acting exam at the State University and passed. This industry was a completely new discovery for me.
Because when I was ten years old, I was a very shy and insecure child, so it took a lot of courage to act in front of many people.
– When I first learned to be an actor, I was interested and courageous. Now, when you go inside and go to work, how do you feel and what did you understand?
– There is a feature of music and dance. Children studying music are more introverted, more solitary, and work with themselves. In a way, an individual can go by himself. But in the School of Theater and Arts of SUIS, something called local collective has appeared. That was very strange to me. In a way, this situation opened me up a lot. When one person is late, the team becomes a collective responsibility. It made me realize that everyone should be good and be good together, and there were many changes both personally and professionally. Some things required more self-mobilization and courage.
– The first UBS television production is “Legend of Govi”. How was Egerel chosen for the role of princess?
– In my freshman year, I accepted the big role and responsibility of working in television productions. It’s like jumping into the sea when you haven’t even learned to swim. Without any experience, I immediately entered the film crew and had to go out on the set to think quickly and work at the speed of other artists. There were times when he was discouraged. Inspired by what little they could do, the team learned more from their colleagues.
– The words of the characters in the movie “Legend of Govi” were different from ordinary words. Did it challenge artists and require more skill?
– Yes. One of the features of the movie “Legend of Govi” is that there are many eloquent words, and the words that are said have hidden meanings. There are almost no simple words in the film. There is always a meaning behind it. It was a film where the meaning of the words is lost, and every word has a lot of value. But the character of Princess Egerel has many ups and downs. If princess is only feminine, then no. Princess Egerel is a combination of warrior and warrior character. The queens in Mongolian history were very brave, brave and intelligent. Princess Egerel is one of them. What was similar to the personality of a person named B. Zamilan is that he was humble on the outside but a warrior on the inside. At that time, when I was auditioning for the role, many girls participated in the audition. I’m a bit on the quiet side. For the most basic example, at that time, when I was auditioning for the role of the movie “Legend of Govi”, the girls came dressed in beautiful clothes. I was sitting alone in a black t-shirt with my hair tied up in a bun. So, on the one hand, it’s difficult to get such a humble person for a role. That’s why I think that this character is mainly seen in the inner and warrior nature of the individual.
– So does that mean that you have a warrior character that does not back down from anything or give up on anything?
– Yes, I think I am quite yellow. But don’t get carried away. They say they don’t like to give up on something, or they have the right attitude. On the outside, I look soft, but I’m more of a warrior than I am.
– He sang the song “Lover of the Heart” in the movie “Legend of Govi”. Who was the first to propose?
– I am not a singer. While auditioning for a role in the movie “Legend of Govi”, L. Balkhjav, the director of UBS TV and composer, asked, “Can you sing?” He said, “You can.” Then I recorded the singing. It was proposed to sing. I think it’s a great privilege to play the lead role and sing a song in my movie and I’m grateful.
– When you acted as a couple with actor O. Amgalanbaatar in the movie “Legend of Govi”, there was talk of being a couple in your life as well. He must have heard the conversation, what was his impression. There are many things that young artists can criticize and encourage in the online environment. Are you asking about how to receive and treat this?
– In Mongolian films, I feel that everyone who acts as a couple is connected. In the film, we play a loving couple. So, even in real life, there is enough to think, “Maybe these two are a couple,” so I think we did a good job in our role. If he did a bad job in his role, there would be no such talk. That’s how I took it. An artist has something to criticize online. I think it is important to take it from him and improve the next work.
– BECOME A MOTHER, HAS BECOME MORE PATIENT AND STABLE IN PERSONALITY
Our conversation about art ended at this point, and then we talked about fatherhood, motherhood, and becoming a mother.
– Father and mother are the biggest supporters and critics?
– What to do without it? My mom and dad are our biggest supporters. Because they are artistic people, their feelings are very high. Even the angle of view is very precise, he sees more of what I am not doing and advises me. Don’t praise or exaggerate too much.
– Are you very similar to your mother?
– But yes. People also say “Just like mom”. But I try to learn more from my mother’s warrior and hardworking character than her looks.
-Being a mother has changed a lot of things and has increased responsibility?
– People change with every step. Even when I read my diary that I wrote a year ago, I feel something like, “That’s what I was thinking.” If I were to divide Zamilan, I would like to divide Zamilan into two categories: Zamilan before becoming a mother and Zamilan after becoming a mother. Because before becoming a mother, a person’s personality is very stubborn, proud, self-righteous, right from the point of view of the world and attitude towards things. But after becoming a mother, I see more risks. For the simplest example, my child becomes responsible and takes care of many things, lest he fall down while walking, lest he get cold, or get sick. But I haven’t lost my temper. Sometimes they play with their children like sisters and brothers. You made me understand and feel a lot, my son.
– It is said that it is difficult for a woman to be an artist. How do you feel about it as a mother and as an artist?
– There are many great parents with good time management. I’m not saying I’m that great. But I try to do everything as possible.
– Thank you for the conversation. Good luck with your art.