According to a study, women in the United States cry more than 3 times a month, while men only cry a maximum of 2 times a month. In today’s society, crying is seen as a sign of weakness. That may be the case, but I’d like to advise you not to swallow your tears when you feel like crying. Because crying is more beneficial to a person’s health than we think.
1. It helps to get rid of stress- According to a study conducted in 2014, it was found that crying can relieve stress. Although the results are not visible at the moment of crying, after a while the person’s mind starts to calm down.
According to researchers, crying activates the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) and has a calming effect on the brain.
2. Lowers blood pressure- High blood pressure can lead to stroke, heart attack, insomnia and even kidney failure.
However, several studies have shown that crying lowers blood pressure and maintains normal functioning, and that crying out loud stabilizes the heart rate.
3. Expels toxins – When tears come out of the eyes, they clean the dust and dirt in them. In addition, when crying, toxins accumulated in the body due to stress are released, the cortisol level in the body decreases, and the mind is calmed down.
Therefore, it is not surprising that people say that after crying, they feel relieved, as if a large black stone had been removed from inside them.
4. Improves mood – Sometimes you want to know why you feel aggressive, anxious, or angry, but you can’t find the answer. A person’s behavior changes due to many factors.
One of them is related to the accumulation of manganese in the body. During crying, excess manganese accumulated in the body is released through tears. As a result, the concentration of the body decreases, the person becomes calmer, and attention improves.
5. Relieves pain- When any part of the body hurts or hurts, tears flow naturally. It is a form of reducing the process of pain perception by the human body itself.
In general, no matter what the reason, crying releases oxytocin and endorphins in the human body, which help to calm the mind and reduce any pain. Remember that tears flow in times of happiness and sadness.