Recently, when the peak period of the flu virus is beginning, our mothers have refused drug treatment and are searching for home treatment or non-drug treatment for their children.
Here is a summary of drug-free treatment recipes used by mothers on the Internet.
1. Beetroot syrup has a very good effect on gas cough and is widely used among mothers because it can replace medicine in cases where it is not severe. To prepare it, choose a large, fresh, firm red beet, cut the stem and dig out the inside of the beet like a bowl.
Add brown sugar (you can use white sugar) to the dug area until it is full, cover it with the cut stem, put it in a bowl and heat it in the oven for 30 seconds. This will result in a small amount of syrup preparation, which will be given 3 times a day with a teaspoon.
2. Vitaminized apples. Baking apples for colds has a good effect in the beginning. But it can be enriched as follows. Dig out the inside of the apple, add a little water, make vitamin C pellets and bake in a gas oven or in a baking pan. Or put curd, honey, and yogurt in the dug area, bake it, and give it to the child while it is warm. It has the power to prevent colds and to replace medicines for colds that have just started. /Pears can be used instead of apples.
3. Pure fruit extract. Daily use of anise and sea buckthorn during colds and as a preventive measure has many benefits. If you buy these fruits fresh, partially freeze them and boil them, the nutrients will not be lost. Also, since they are bitter fruits, if you sweeten them with raisins and honey, your child will like them.
4. Ginger, lemon and honey drink. This drink also has the effect of preventing and suppressing colds. Finely chop the lemon, mix it with honey and sugar, let it soak in well, add the grated ginger equal to half of one lemon for 2 lemons, put the ingredients in a glass with a well-sterilized lid and add the honey. After 7-14 days of storage, dissolve one spoon in water or tea and use.
5. Boiling milk with garlic, ginger, or any type of fat is very effective for gas cough. But you will sweat a lot, so be careful not to get windy.
6. Cabbage leaves. Recently, mothers have reported that this method is very effective. Separate a round green cabbage leaf, soak it in hot water, apply pure honey and apply it to the child’s chest. Put on a tight t-shirt to keep the wind out. If the child has a lot of cold and phlegm, it can also be placed on the back. In this way, honey clears phlegm well and reduces colds.