Doctors follow the 60-60 rule when it comes to wearing headphones. This means that you can set the volume to 60% and listen to something with headphones for 60 minutes a day.
Violation of this rule often results in symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, sleep deprivation, etc. Therefore, we bring you the negative effects of wearing headphones for a long time on the human body.
1. Headache If you wear headphones for a long time, you will start to feel unusual pressure on your brain. Due to this, the pressure in the inner part of the ear and the scalp causes a headache. This pain will only get worse if you continue to wear headphones.
2. Hearing Loss Scientifically, most people in their 30s can hear sounds with a frequency of up to 17 kilohertz, which means, simply put, they should be able to hear a mosquito approaching. But in reality, many young people under the age of 30 are unable to hear at this level. Moreover, we are all born with 15,000 auditory cells, which cannot be regenerated. Scientists associate the problem of cell death and hearing loss with the constant use of headphones.
3. Ear blockage When you wear headphones for a long time, the ear canal will be closed, so earwax starts to accumulate. This can clog your ears and lead to ear infections. Moreover, there is a danger that headphones can push earwax into the ear canal and cause ear piercing pain.
4. Dizziness Dizziness is a sensation of losing balance or moving too fast when there is no movement. It is usually manifested by nausea and dizziness. This happens when our ears are blocked from receiving sound. Also, listening to too loud music can cause dizziness. Putting something as small as headphones in our ears stimulates the inner ear nerves and creates artificial pressure.
5. Listen to something If you overuse headphones, you may experience tinnitus. Even if you’re resting in a quiet place, you may start to hear a ringing, clicking, hissing, or growling noise. There is no cure for this feeling, but scientists suggest that reducing the use of headphones can easily prevent complications and pain.
6. Things start to appear on the face According to medical experts, people who wear big headphones all the time create favorable conditions for the growth of bacteria not only around the ears, but also on the face. Especially if you wear headphones while exercising or sweating, thousands of useless bacteria multiply at high speed. This can lead to acne and skin infections.