Osteochondrosis is a disorder of the spinal vertebrae and intervertebral discs and the fluid between them. The cushions and fluid between the vertebrae of the spine are responsible for keeping the vertebrae from rubbing together, allowing for free movement, and maintaining the flexibility of the spine.
In the case of osteochondrosis, there is a danger that intervertebral fluid may decrease or disappear, the elasticity of the cartilage tissue may become hard and ossified, and the structure of the spine may change.
– Aging: As a person ages, the nutrition of the spine decreases, aging occurs, and the process of wear and tear of the organ becomes stronger.
– Nutrition: Nutrients that enter into the structure of bones and cartilage and determine their shape are not consumed in sufficient quantities or at all. For example, the head and shirr are the richest in nutrients needed for joint cartilage and cartilage.
– Immobility: Due to work, lifestyle, sitting still for a long time, sitting incorrectly, changing the normal position of the neck and back (crooked, hunched), the space between the vertebrae decreases, and the cause of compression of the nerves and blood vessels coming from the base of the vertebrae. will be
– Disorderly and constant excessive movement is the cause of this disease. This reason often happens to housewives. Because they are constantly in motion.
– Injury A minor injury to the neck and spine did not affect the bone structure, but the muscle contraction and constant tension in the injured area can cause a lack of blood supply to the area.
– Large injuries can damage the bone structure, and as the bone heals, there is no space between the vertebrae in the spine, causing compression of the vertebrae.
– Stiff neck
– Shoulders are stiff, muscles tense and tense
– It’s hot
– Shoulders will no longer be supported
– Headache and high blood pressure due to lack of blood supply due to stiff neck and muscle tension.
– When the disease is too severe, there are symptoms of heart disease, such as stabbing in the heart.
– Insomnia may occur due to neck stiffness and pain
The first 3 symptoms mentioned above appear at the beginning of osteochondrosis, and in most cases we talk about swelling.
Action to be taken
– Most of the main causes are lack of exercise, so you should do active activities such as running and walking. Active movement is the perfect way to prevent osteochondrosis.
– Neck exercises should be done frequently and regularly when the neck and shoulders are constantly stiff and tense.
Sitting correctly at the table is one of the main ways to prevent this disease.
Get up from your seat in less than 30 minutes to 1 hour, exercise, and exercise at your workplace.
When you experience stiff neck or shoulder muscle tension, get a massage, do a massage, and do a comb. During this treatment, the pain will disappear temporarily, but if the cause is not removed, it will recur and it cannot be a complete prevention or perfect treatment method for osteochondrosis.
If there is a lot of muscle tension and neck stiffness, and if the above treatment does not suppress it, physical therapy such as neck and back stretching, and the introduction of necessary medicinal substances into the body with the help of electric current (electrophoresis) are performed in the hospital.
When the disease worsens and there are excessive changes in the structure of the vertebrae of the neck and back, there is a need for surgical treatment to replace them.